Dysport & Xeomin
Dysport helps reduce the creation of wrinkles, just like Botox, causing a temporary reduction in muscle activity. Visible results are reported in as soon as three days after injection, the average patient will report full visible result after 10 days.
Dysport was FDA approved in 2009 for aesthetic use for glabellar line (frown lines) but just like its predecessor, Dysport is widely used for other areas of the face in addition to its medical purposes. These areas include the forehead and the crow’s feet. We are often asked what the difference is between Dysport and Botox. Some patients prefer Dysport for the crow’s feet area due to how it diffuses into the muscles creating a very natural look
REAL FACTS ABOUT DYSPORT
- Last about 3 months
- Works as early as three days
- Provides a “soft look”
- We recommend not lying down for 4 hours or exercising for 24 hours post injection just as a precautionary measure. Why risking any potential side effects?
- The treatment only takes a few minute
- Pain free without down time
- The average cost for Dysport is about $250
- To minimize bruising, discontinue blood thinning products (such as Advil, Aspirin, Aleve, Fish Oil, Motrin/Ibuprofen and St. John’s Wort a week prior to your appointment
Some myths about Dysport
- “Dysport is exactly like Botox”. False! While they contain the same neurotoxin (Botulinum toxin type A), Dysport has fewer of the purified protein and therefore deliver different but similar results.
- “Dysport has many side effects”. False! Like any injectable, mild swelling and bruising can occur, which is usually easy to cover up with concealer.
- Make your Dysport treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Rewards by earning exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.
XEOMIN (incobotulinumtoxinA) is the new kid on the neuromodulator block! Like Dypsort and Botox, Xeomin is injected into muscles to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) but just like its predecessors Botox Cosmetic and Dysport, Xeomin is commonly used to treat other areas of the face safely and effectively.
Xeomin is a highly purified neurotoxin protein derived from the same Botulinum toxin type A as Botox and Dysport, with a unique manufacturing process. It was FDA approved for the use in between the brows in 2010, and is currently available in 20 countries.
Real Facts about Xeomin
- Visible result starts around 4 to 5 days
- It is cheaper than other neuromodulators
- It last about 3 months
- Most patient consider this treatment pain free
- No downtime
- We recommend not lying down for 4 hours or exercising for 24 hours post injection just as a precautionary measure
- You should discontinue any type of blood thinning product a few days prior to your appointment
Myth about Xeomin
- “Xeomin is an off-brand of Botox”. False! Xeomin has its own manufacturer, Merz Pharma, the maker of Radiesse
Request your consultation with Cassileth Plastic Surgery today
or click here to request an appointment online