FACE AND BODY PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGEON
Dr. Catherine S. Chang is a Harvard fellowship trained Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with a sub-specialization in Craniofacial Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Dr. Chang’s passions are facial rejuvenation and facial aesthetics including, rhinoplasty, facial fat grafting, facelifts, neck lifts, midface lifts, eyelid surgery (upper/lower blepharoplasty, canthopexy/canthoplasty), ear surgery, and facial implants. She also specializes in surgical body procedures such as breast augmentation & reconstruction, abdominoplasty, and liposuction.
Dr. Chang is committed to providing patients with the most current, evidence-based care. She is active in clinical research and has published over 15 peer-review articles, 3 book chapters, and is currently in the process of co-authoring a textbook on craniofacial surgery and facial implants. She also serves as a course faculty instructor, teaching fellow plastic surgeons the latest surgical techniques.
Dr. Chang graduated Magna Cum Laude from Columbia University in New York City and received her medical education from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, where she was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
She completed her combined General Surgery and Plastic and Reconstructive training at the University of Pennsylvania and was chosen to serve as Chief Resident during her final year of training. During her residency, Dr. Chang trained under mentors who pioneered the fields of microsurgery and craniofacial surgery, and served as president of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Dr. Chang subsequently pursued an additional year of specialized training in Craniomaxillofacial Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery with a world-renowned surgeon at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. During this time, Dr. Chang also served as a Clinical Instructor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School, teaching plastic surgery residents and medical students.
- Chang Catherine S; Swanson, JW; Wilson A; Low, DW; Bartlett SP. Columellar Reconstruction Following Nasal CPAP Injury. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2018
- Chang Catherine S; Yaremchuk MJ. Application of a Porous Polyethylene Spreader Graft for Nasal Lengthening in Asian Patients. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2018
- Chang Catherine S; Chang BL; Lanni M; Wilson AJ; Percec IP. Perioral Rejuvenation: A Prospective, Quantitative Dynamic 3-D Analysis of a Dual Modality Treatment. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2018
- Chang Catherine S; Yaremchuk MJ. Commentary on: Application of a Porous Polyethylene Spreader Graft for Nasal Lengthening in Asian Patients. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2018
- Chang Catherine S; Yaremchuk MJ. Commentary on: Integrated Forehead and Temporal Augmentation Using 3D Printing-Assisted Methyl Methacrylate Implants. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2018
- Chang, Catherine S; Bartlett, SP. Deformations of the Ear and Their Nonsurgical Correction. Clinical Pediatrics 2019
- Chang Catherine S, Wong A, Rohde CH, Ascherman JA, Wu JK. Management of lip hemangiomas: Minimizing peri-oral scars. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012
- Chang, Catherine S; Bartlett, SP. A Simplified Nonsurgical Method for the Correction of Neonatal Deformational Auricular Anomalies. 2016
- Chang, Catherine S; Chu, MW; Nelson, JA; Basta, M; Gerety P; Kanchwala, SK; Wu, LC. Complications and Cost Analysis of Intraoperative Arterial Complications in Head & Neck Free Flap Reconstruction. Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery. 2017
- Chang, Catherine S; Swanson, J; Yu, JW; Taylor, JT. Early, CAD/CAM Planned, Lefort I Advancement with Internal Distractors to Treat Severe Maxillary Hypoplasia in Cleft Lip and Palate. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 2017
- Chang Catherine S; Low, DW; Percec I. A Preliminary Report on Female Genital Mutilation Reconstruction. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2017
- Preminger BA, Trencheva K, Chang CATHERINE S, Chiang A, El-Tamer M, Ascherman J, Rohde C. Improving access to care: breast surgeons, the gatekeepers to breast reconstruction. J Am Coll Surg. 2012
- Yaremchuk MJ; Chang Catherine S. Commentary on: The Influence of Paranasal Augmentation on the Measurement of the Nose for the Treatment of Midfacial Concavity. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2018
- Mirzabeigi, MN; Stark R; Chang Catherine S; Weissler, J; Carney, Martin; Bucky, LP. Skin Excursion with Cannula Lipodissection and the Anatomic Implications of Smas Movement in the Tumescent Facelift. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Accepted for Publication
- Mirzabeigi M; Lanni, M; Chang Catherine S; Stark RY; Kovach SJ; Wu LC; Serletti JM; Bucky LP. Treating Breast Conservation Therapy Defects with Brava and Fat Grafting: Technique, Outcomes, and Safety Profile. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2017
- Tahiri Y, Chang Catherine S, Tuin J, Paliga JT, Lowe KM, Taylor JA, Bartlett SP. Costochondral grafting in craniofacial microsomia. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2015
- Wilson AJ; Chin, B; Taglienti AJ; Chang Catherine S; Percec, IP. A Quantitative Analysis of OnabotulinumtoxinA, AbobotulinumtoxinA and IncobotulinumtoxinA: A Randomized Double Blind Prospective Clinical Trial of Comparative Dynamic Strain Reduction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2016
- Chang, BL; Wilson, AJ; Taglienti, AT; Chang, Catherine S, Folsom, N; Percec, I. Patient Perceived Benefit in Facial Aesthetic Procedures: FACE-Q as a Tool to Study Botulinum Toxin Injection Outcomes. Aesthet Surg J. 2016
- Wilson, AJ; Taglienti AT; Chang Catherine S; Low, DW; Percec I. Current Applications of Facial Volumization with Fillers. CME Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2016