lisa cassileth md, facs
Top Female Breast and Body Plastic Surgeon in Beverly hills
Dr. Cassileth is a board-certified, Ivy-League-trained plastic and reconstructive surgeon, specializing in corrective cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery. She has had a private practice in Beverly Hills for over 16 years. Her reputation for repairing failed cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries attracts patients from all over the United States and throughout the world. For mastectomy patients, her One-Stage Direct-To-Implant Breast Reconstruction technique lets them avoid the risk of multiple surgeries and reduces the sense of loss associated with breast cancer surgery. She is also known for correcting capsular contracture and her specialized, minimal scar breast lift.
In 2015, fueled by her long-standing passion for providing excellent breast healthcare, Dr. Cassileth founded Bedford Breast Center, a sister facility located in the same building as Cassileth Plastic Surgery. The team at the breast center specializes in nipple-sparring mastectomy, minimal-incision lumpectomy, 3D mammography, and genetic testing in a beautiful state-of-the-art facility.
With a reputation for beautiful, natural results, Dr. Cassileth is a leader in the field of breast revision surgery — correcting unsatisfactory results of previous breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgeries that other surgeons have been unable to fix. Dr. Cassileth feels fortunate to have thousands of grateful and happy patients.
Trained at the world-renowned University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Cassileth is certified by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 2004. Dr. Cassileth provides the highest level of care to her patients in her safe, comforting, beautiful offices as well as pioneering innovations in the field of plastic surgery. She is committed to sharing her extensive knowledge by mentoring and training surgical residents.
Dr. Cassileth was the Clinical Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for two consecutive terms (2014 – 2018), elected by her peers; she is an Assistant Clinical professor at UCLA. She serves on advisory boards, including the Fertile Action Foundation, which preserves breast cancer patients’ fertility options.
- MD: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- BS: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Plastic Surgery & General Surgery Training: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Clinical Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery (2014 – 2018):
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant Clinical Professor: University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Plastic Surgery & General Surgery Training: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Cassileth One-Stage Breast Reconstruction technique, which eliminates multiple surgeries for breast cancer patients undergoing mastectomy
- SWIM Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Israel Cancer Research Fund, Woman of Action 2005
- Alpha Omega Alpha Society (Top 10% of medical school class)
- Castle Connolly’s Exceptional Women in Medicine for 2019
- Cancer Support Community, Los Angeles Wellness Award 2019
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgery
- Board-Certified (2004 – Current)